A Divided Self Cannot Stand

I did some barre exercises in my room just now. I wonder if I'd have room in my schedule next semester for ballet. I miss it terribly. It felt good to get my blood flowing and heart rate up. But it's so hard to get back into shape, especially at my age (I'm young in the real world, middle-aged in the dance world). Best to stay out of other people's brains.

Living in Oakland has taught me that screeching tires and human screaming can sound remarkably similar. Work, work, and more work tomorrow. My Egypt paper is going, but going slowly. There's so much material to wade through and I won't really have a thesis until I've digested most of it. Very time consuming. I won't have much time to work on my Letters paper, although it won't need nearly as much time as the Lawson paper does. Our French paper was pushed back by a week, thankfully. We're in the home stretch, as my mom would say. I cannot believe how quickly the semester has gone. I really have had no time to sit and think about how long it is. I'll be really sad to see so many of my friends leaving after this semester, but also happy to be on my way to graduating, too. May 12, baby.

Aside from wanting to invite everyone I know, I have no idea what I want to do. My mom wants to have a big bash, but I really don't know what I want. Haven't decided. Honestly, I'd love for my friends from the Stanford support group to come. They're my family, the ones who know what it's like and have been there for me the whole way (not that others haven't been, this is just different). I'd really like to have a get-together with them, but at the same time, I know exactly how painful it was when I was so sick to watch others get better and spread their wings and fly away, and I don't want to rub in anyone's face the fact that I'm well enough to get my degree. They're the only ones who really knew what it was like.


Look how handsome my dad was (and how tiny I was--yeeks!). Golden days, looking back now, knowing what was to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat