Gaylord's

It's Friday night, and Brenna and I are heading to Gaylord's, our default off-campus location. Lorian was going to come, but I think she's still in the photo lab and Halie changed her mind. If Brenna goes to Fenton's, which she usually does, I'm going to ask her to bring me a single scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Gaylord's is the first place I've been that doesn't object to people bringing in outside food. That's either amazing, or I don't get out enough. I really want to travel the world when I graduate. Well, not literally. Europe yes, Middle East yes, Asia no, Australia no except for Sydney, South and Central America no, unless I knew someone or had a specific reason. I wish to land a bad-*ss job that allows me to travel, pays well, involves exposure to really interesting people, autonomy, creativity, upward mobility, and intellectual engagement.

I'll find it! I know I will! People land dream jobs all the time, even if I have to have a couple of crappy ones along the way. Bring it on!

I'm feeling much better about my Egypt paper. I'm going to compare Syria and Egypt with regard to their economies and the fluctuating presence of Islamic militancy. Oh, and Mr. Lawson liked my translation. He is so nice. He says if he can find a way to publish it, he will. There's a French translation class next semester that I'd love to take.

Oh! And the schedule for next semester is out already! I have one potential conflict, but I'm just going to wait and see how it goes. I'm definitely taking "Theories of International Relations" with Mr. Lawson, I may also...hang on...Brenna calls...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat