Sleep, Glorious Sleep

I'm sitting alone in the rec room, with the heater on--it's getting chilly--with my boy Stephen Colbert before bedtime. I feel good. I'm going in the right direction. I'm finally able to address real-life issues with my oracle because bipolar is at bay enough that it's not front and center. I'm so grateful for the love that my family and friends have shown. I am so lucky. I've been working really hard, too; I'm really proud of myself. I'm going to class, doing my homework, participating in class. It feels so good to feel normal, just about. Lovin' it. My heart is warm and fuzzy.

Although, I have to say, I have SO MUCH work to do. We got our first exam essay from Lawson today, and I have about ten scholarly articles to read before I can really write it. I have to read more of a French novel I'm behind on because I do have to look up a lot of words, which is time consuming. Everything else is OK, really; I do need to start thinking about my second Letters paper but I already have some ideas for it. There was a small drama today in French; one student and the teacher struck a nerve in one another and it got a bit awkward.

Politics of Developing Nations is interesting and I love the class, i.e. the people in it and the format, it's fun, but the subject matter is depressing and the pace isn't letting up--I've had 4-5 page papers due every week so far; now I need to begin my Ethiopia research for a summary to hand in next week. I don't want the semester to end but at the same time it's so intense I keep checking my syllabi to check when it'll all be over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat