Anchors Aweigh


One of many running gags on "The Colbert Report" is of Colbert posing with a portrait of himself posing with a portrait of himself.

I'm going to need to be more flexible about my move-in schedule. I'm getting Lorien at around 11am on Monday, and I have an interview at 3pm with one of my internship possibilities on Tuesday in the city, so I'll have to be well-dressed and at the interview on time in the midst of all the chaotic unpacking. I was also hoping to meet with both advisors on Monday for some paperwork, but that may have to wait.

I'm also going to need to petition the financial aid office about staying through the spring. Lots of annoying odds and ends those first few days! Luckily, I've already purchased most of my textbooks, so I can hopefully avoid the wretched pit of serpents that is the school bookstore.

Cheers! I own entirely too many jeans, most of which are now too large *frown*. I would put them in the washing machine on "hot" but it's not working.

6:33pm. There is a house fire burning a couple of blocks away. I can't see or smell smoke, but the media helicopters hovering overhead are very loud. It's a beautiful time of day. I went for a walk over to where the fire is/was. Four fire engines! A pretty big operation, but the good news is that the fire's just about out and no report of any injuries.

I'm working on one of my final internship applications, to a news organization in Berkeley. I also have my first interview, on Tuesday in the city. Exciting.

Do I know what makes me happy? How do I know what direction to move in? Do I trust myself to find what will make me happy?
[wikipedia.org]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat