"The Sun Has Gone to Bed and So Must I"

["The Sound of Music"]
Bedtime here, in my little, wooded, cubbyhole in Oakland, where we can hear the violence but not see it.
Back in the saddle. Classes begin tomorrow.

My problem with the argument that we invaded Iraq for oil is that I've seen no proof of it. This is why I truly do not know why we went to war. I know it was Cheney's agenda more than Bush's; but I don't know why.

Throughout my life, I've had recurring nightmares that people are trying to kill me. Last night, I dreamt that I had been taken hostage with members of a class I was taking; about 30 people. Our captor said we each had to kill one other person in the group using a handgun, which he handed to the first student, who promptly shot someone he considered to be the "class nerd." I remember feeling absolutely petrified; that I could be a target at any moment. The actor Jake Gyllenhaal was my friend, and sat next to me. As I watched people being shot, some in the head and some in the chest, I wondered whether it would hurt.

An old friend from high school, about whom I'd not thought in years, came into the classroom but managed to leave without being killed. I remember wondering how she did that and envying her for it.
I think we escaped, somehow, and I remember being in new York city with my parents, trying to escape from the same people who had kidnapped the class. Apparently, I was one of the last remaining survivors. For some reason, the traffic intersection was like water, in that I could dive in and hold my breath, and hope that none of the cars would bump into me in this three dimensional setting.

Funny how dreams aren't linear with regard to time or plot line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat