This Just In: I Do Not Like Samuel Jackson

And it has nothing to do with the excessive publicity for that stupid "Snakes on a Plane" movie. It sounds perfectly awful, not to mention the fact that I don't like snakes and would consider it torture to sit through a film where airline passengers are being tormented by hundreds of snakes (some 500) in a closed environment.

I got some more packing done today. I'm so much more organized that I was last year. It feels really good. Can't believe I'm still picking up the pieces from bipolar, and will continue to do so for years, probably. Quite a large debris field (can you tell I'm thinking in terms of 9/11 with phrases like that?). Funny how whichever language or style of speaking I'm exposed to I end up internalizing briefly.

Like after going to a Shakespeare play, I think in semi-Shakespearian terms, and after hearing or speaking French, I think in it for awhile. It's like osmosis! After seeing a Jane Austen movie, I think in their language patterns as well, and would speak in them, since they're so much prettier than our current dialect, if I didn't think people would look at me funny.

I folded all my dresser clothes, and will use my big suitcase, which I can bring home after unloading at school. I got the cutest Audrey Hepburn-style dress at Banana Republic, half off, size 8. It's very simple, navy blue with tiny brown stripes, very clean lines.

I think I will bring my plants to school. I'm worried about the color scheme for my room because so far, my decorations clash with each other. Oh well, I guess there's nothing wrong with breaking a few decor color rules :-). I want to bring as much fabric as possible to absorb sound; I'm thinking about bunker-strength curtains for the doorway (even though they're against the rules--shhhhh...). You see? I used the word "bunker" because I listened to history about Hitler's bunker for several hours today!

My room will be very cozy. I have my eye on an armchair at Ikea if there's room for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat