An Echo in my Soul

Should we allow another person to fill us to the extent that losing them makes us feel empty and hollow? There's a hole in my life and I'm really aware of it. I feel sad. I had a best friend for a few months; I've been starving for one and am once again sans soul mate.

I'm exhausted. I'm probably not eating enough protein and have no desire to function. Classes start tomorrow; I am looking forward to them and seeing my favorite instructors, but I'm resentful that my class schedule does not provide adequate time for lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays.

I have another internship possibility; someone got back to me about an interview for next week. I cancelled my interview for today, since, upon reading the job description more closely, it's almost entirely television work, which doesn't interest me, plus I was simply too tired to put up with the stress of dressing up, taking bart in, looking for the office, etc.

No audible gunshots yet (this being Oakland), but then, I haven't really been paying attention. I'm stressing out over where to place my furniture in my room and which pieces to buy. My myoclonic jerks have gotten worse since I lost weight; I wonder if it's because I have less body mass but the same level of chemicals in my system...?

The phone of one of my neighbors has a very loud ring; I'm going to have to ask her to turn it down if she doesn't on her own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat