An Auspicious Ending

To an otherwise dreary day. Applying for internships (and jobs, for that matter) is much more difficult and time-consuming than I'd first thought. It's not simply a matter of sending off a resume.

I did send off one complete application today, and researched and learned about several others, which I'll address as soon as possible tomorrow. Now that I've actually found something I like, I'm afraid the position will be filled before I can apply!

I refuse to put sheets on my bed. I just don't feel like it, so I'm sleeping with a blanket. And I wish the washing machine would stop giving me attitude; I've been trying to complete the same load of laundry all day. A good feeling to the end of the day; I'm glad I finally tackled the internship hurdle.

I'm trying to get Natasha's room because it's further from the kitchen and hopefully quieter, and am still on the list for a quiet room.

I'm almost ready to send my second internship application in--I'm applying for a research position for the Middle East to help plan tours that actually show people what the real culture is like, as opposed to glossy brochure tourism propaganda. That would be the best internship ever. My second choice is a research position for Africa, and writing material about it. My final choice is a media/communications position I might like because it involves writing stuff, being persuasive, working with other cultures, etc. Wish me luck!

"Al Gore has a hit movie called 'An Inconvenient Truth.' I have an inconvenient truth for him: You're still not the president." --Stephen Colbert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat