Severing Ties

Next year will be different; Bridget will not be with us either, and Halie graduates in the winter. Erin is gone, too. And Laraine. And Claire. It's like a revolving door.

I feel very isolated, and I see no end to the isolation. I wish I went to a school like Berkeley, which has an amazing career center. I just feel like so many doors have been closed, like I'm locked out. I feel like there's no access to all of the places where I belong because I don't go to an elite school the way I wanted to. I'm going to have to rely on my own ingenuity even more now. I'm tired of fighting so hard on my behalf.

I still hurt so much, painfully aware of the loss that each passing day is, and the pain of loneliness. I know what kind of life I want to live, and have no idea how to get there.

"I'm disappointed that my own Catholic Church has decided that capital punishment is wrong. Which is pretty hypocritical if you think about it, because they wouldn't even have a religion if it wasn't for capital punishment." --Stephen Colbert

Comments

QUASAR9 said…
What happened you knew where you were going yesterday and you had an umbrella.

Did you forget the umbrella at the Bistro
Did you leave it behind on the Metro
Maybe you left it in the taxi when you got out
QUASAR9 said…
I thought you had a nice childhood a privileged upbringing and good schooling

So where do you wanna go, where have you been:
Stanford --- California
Harvard ---- Massachusettes

The Internet can take you anywhere and keep you in touch, with anyone who wants to stay in touch, or has the time in their otherwise busy schedule called life.

Wishing you a lovely day!
QUASAR9 said…
Would you like to borrow mine, umbrella that is.
It's stopped raining here now.

Wishing you a lovely day, hope you'll come round mine, visit comment & play. - Q
Diana said…
hi quasar,

thanks for the nice comments. i'll be over to visit soon :-).

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat