Good News/Bad News

the good news is that i've lost some weight.
the bad news is that almost none of my beautiful, expensive (half price) clothes fit anymore! i have lots of beautiful slacks and pants from banana republic that no longer fit. i hate waste!

i'll try to have some altered and shrink others in the wash (a couple of years ago, i was so thin that i was trying to shrink my size 0 and 2 pants!).

it's just occurred to me that it's ok to break free. it's like i finally have my wings, and am so overdue for "takeoff" that it'll be difficult to stay on the ground much longer.

i feel like an airplane landing on an aircraft carrier, with the thick steel cord that catches the landing gear and prevents the plane from sliding off the edge, only i'm so restless and have so much momentum i'm about to fly right off.

i saw a documentary about the USS Indianapolis today. very sad story. and then two episodes of "Band of Brothers," which i just love.

got my teeth cleaned; i have some problems with gum recession that make me worried.
went to ikea, reconnoitering dorm stuff. i want to make my room as home-y as possible, because i've wanted my own home for years. i want to be comfortable, and i want my friends to feel at home, too. i have my eye on a comfortable armchair and some nice art.

must force myself to send out some internship apps before tahoe. i'll bring my laptop so i can blog, and some books for school. other than that, it'll be boring because there's no one my age. i'll try to make the best of it, though. lots of beaching-ing, and some boating, too, which will be fabulous. i love boating, especially at tahoe.
one time we got stuck on the lake during a thunder and lightning storm, and had an aluminum boat (i think).
the coast guard rescued us, it was pretty dramatic.

Stephen Colbert: "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat