Bore-Dumb

"Fiddle dee dee," said Scarlett O'Hara, "I'll think about that tomorrow."

Shall I go to Ikea or Trader Joe's? Probably neither. Whence my inertia? Oh, I've decided to put just one space between sentences, rather than two. Let's see just how boring i can make this part of my blog:

Must remember to "reserve" the Ethel Moore TV for "The Colbert Report." it's four nights a week, but only for half and hour, and not till 11:30pm, so hopefully people won't mind. plus, it's as funny as all get-out and liberal in slant, like most students at Mills.

Going out would require getting dressed. i don't know how i feel about that. i haven't even folded my laundry from yesterday, or put today's batch in the machine. i tried to shrink some shorts and a skirt, but haven't tried them out yet. doubt it was successful. i want to go to h and m when i get to school; they have stylish stuff at reasonable prices (natasha, you too, if you're not still mad at me, along with anyone else!). we'll take BART in.

I'm bringing many fewer shoes to school this year. I actually returned most of them to Banana Republic since i never wore them anyway. the drama is largely over so i've returned to more mundane matters--the stuff of life, really.

in my mind, i keep trying to arrange my furniture in my room the way i want it, and can't decide if my desk should be under my window or not. i never use it, so it's more a place to set things rather than sit and study. i'm very excited about getting one of those big balance balls, like the one Halie has, to sit on, since it's better for your back than a chair. i ordered one at a discount through my mom's physical therapy office.

i'm also eyeing some art at Ikea i'd really like to have, plus a carpet and armchair. i may bring some furninture from home, and there's a desk hutch i'd like to put over my desk, to organize important paperwork (another reason not to have it beneath the window), also from Ikea. i guess i could put my dresser on the short wall on the left when you enter, the way many people do, and see how it looks. i just want my room to be cozy and aesthetically pleasing. everything in life should be aesthetically pleasing, and all written stuff should be well-written. Two of my highest standards.

having a cozy, inviting room makes me feel better inside. i should have lunch but i'm too tired to go downstairs to get the rest of last night's dinner which i didn't have until 10:30pm because i couldn't stand to miss a moment of "Band of Brothers."

"It's not what I have, it's what I don't have." a VH1 interviewee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat