The Propaganda Machine Grinds On

"The Kindness of Strangers"
I got a flat tire today! It could have been a huge drag, but luckily, a guy walking past offered to put my spare on. Such a nice guy, working-class, probably an immigrant. I mention this only because of the contrast between him and a highly-paid attorney. I very much doubt an attorney would have stopped to help out, but this guy was happy to, and showed me how to change the tire on my own.

The quote is from "A Streetcar Named Desire," where Blanche says "I have often depended upon the kindness of strangers."

I love Jon Bon Jovi and his music, it's so real and raw and down to earth. So is he. Just love him (he's interviewed on Larry King tonight). I would call it a guilty pleasure, only I don't feel guilty about the fact that I like him and his music.

I have a b*tch of a headache, the kind where your eyes hurt and are sensitive to light.

Oh dear, here comes the Jonbenet Ramsey coverage. I have to add my two cents. It makes perfect sense that the suspect was found in Bangkok, since that's practically the capital of the child sex-slave trade. It also makes sense that he was an elementary school teacher, for its contact with kids.

From "Grease":

"We're one of a kind,
Like dip da dip da dip do whap de dobby do.
Our names are signed
Boogedy boogedy boogedy boogedy shooby do wap shoo bop
Chang chang, changity chang shoo bop,
We'll always be like one,
Wa-wa-wa-one"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat