Catapult Me

I hope I'm not developing a toothache. I know what that would mean.

It's been a busy day, Third-Reich-wise. The History Channel had several programs on the Waffen-SS today and now there's one about Hitler's deranged plans for monumental architectural buildings and towers and stadiums once he "won the war." What a dumb*ss. Part of his pathology has to be egotism, but how much? Anti-Semitism had to be largely a crutch upon which he leaned to accomplish his Adolf-centric goals. Grandiosity. And why was he so invested in the outcome of the war? He could not accept that Germany was losing, giving out orders right up until the Russians entered Berlin. Why was that critical to his survival? Why was he so invested in his enormous "dreams," such that he could not give them up, and killed himself once the end was inevitable?

Guess what? My German accent improved a little after having a semester's worth of German poetry with a native speaker. Very exciting, but I'm getting these guttural sounds mixed up--Hebrew, German, Arabic, and French all have guttural sounds, and they're very different. Quite tricky.

"My Love Don't Cost a Thing"
Oh dear. I'm watching a rerun of Saturday Night Live during the height of Jennifer Lopez's airbrushed popularity, and she's hosting. Funny how with the perspective of time, it looks so ridiculous and overblown when back then it was such a huge deal. She took herself so seriously back then, and so did everyone else. It's nice to see her keeping a much lower profile now that she's married. If she'd stayed in the spotlight much longer, she might have become the object of ridicule. It's also curious to see the fuss everyone made over her back then but she's not such a big deal now. Such fickleness!

Brushing my teeth is almost fun with my new Sonicare toothbrush. You just put it at your gumline and it does the same thing that the device at the dentist does. Fabulous. It even tells you how long to brush each part of your mouth so you know you're getting it right. Everyone at the dentist's office uses it too. I would get my teeth lightened if i could afford it; I just want to be the best I can be, and that includes lightening my teeth. I can't afford it, of course, and that makes me angry--that something as superficial as money gets in my way of making the most of myself and of life.

It's really sad how Jimmy Fallon's career has tanked since he made a few terrible movies, while Will Ferrell's is still reaching into the stratosphere, as each of his films seems more and more popular and lucrative.

I had a pizza tonight, and two shortbread cookies, but I'm thin enough these days it probably won't matter (just as long as I go back to veggies tomorrow, which means going grocery shopping). I was at 140 pounds a week ago! Yaye!

next stop: self-sufficiency. i'm tired of being nice to my parents simply because i've depended on them until now. sick to death of it. self-sufficiency is my next step, and i am terrified, especially with all my medical needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat