Mimi and Papa

Two of the dearest and most special people I've ever known. I received a generous gift from the grandparents of my good childhood friend Jennifer. I'm going to get something really special with it, because that's how they made me (and everyone else) feel. I feel so loved; their generosity continues after their passing because their spirits live on among their friends and family.


there is nothing in the world like old friends. I had coffee and conversation today with someone I've known all my life. It was so encouraging to talk with someone who believes in me so strongly and "knew me when." such a boost of confidence, and a bright light along my path. I've felt so helpless all these years and knowing that someone else had an idea of what was going on all along means everything.

tomorrow I embark on my own "great adventure," back to school for my final year, finally. Still watching HBO's "Rome." Very engrossing; kind of like a soap opera that happens to be set in ancient times. pompey has just been killed and Julius Caesar is headed to Egypt.

"You are about to embark upon the greatest crusade toward which we have striven these many months..."
Dwight Eisenhower, June 5, 1944, to the troops participating in D-Day
[americanpresident.org]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat