Drive Till Your Hat Floats

As my dad would say. Individually, none of us wanted to go out tonight, but collectively, we did manage to pile into amina's car and promptly get lost in Albany (not the one in new York; at least we weren't THAT lost). We finally found our way to Berkeley, checked out an amazing independently-owned video store, went to piedmont avenue, got coffee at gaylord's, and came back.

there must be an event horizon surrounding the school. Why else would it be so difficult to get off campus? Where is Isaac Newton when we need him, to explain all of this inertia? Maybe going to mills is a one-way journey!

yes, blogging is the opportunity to write about one's life in the minutest of detail. I don't really care, though, since I like it and it makes me feel good (and my small but loyal following says nice things about it in response). Also, I've been shoving schoolbooks down my throat for so many years (thank you, bipolar) that I'm not willing to miss an opportunity to participate in real life. I'd sooner lose my hat than stay on shore and miss swimming around in the shark-infested waters.

this is going to be a much less stressful year, I can tell already. I'm much more confident about my ability to function and get work done, and feel more organized and "on top" of things.

tomorrow, we're planning to see "a scanner darkly" at the parkway, which should be great. I've not yet been there (an old theater that used to be a speakeasy, and that serves pizza and beer while you watch the film!). Watched (I'm adopting my mother's habit of omitting first-person pronouns!) a bit of snl tonight; I don't like Antonio banderas but the show did have some bright spots. Funny how comedy often arises out of the smallest bits of life that you don't notice until they're lampooned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat