"Come Away With Me Forever"

What does real love look like? The quote is from "The Forsyte Saga," a PBS miniseries.

It's not whispering sweet nothings or the initial euphoria. But what IS it? I've never experienced long-lasting love with anyone. I don't know what that's like. But I can't wait to find out.

I don't know what it's like to get past the initial expectations and find what is beyond. What we can't control--not the smoke and mirrors. Eventually, we lose control of what others think. I envy people to whom it never occurs to manage their own image, who feel that safe in their own skins.

The ever-scheming character Soames Forsyte is played by Damian Lewis. Lewis is also in the uber-fabulous HBO series "Band of Brothers."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat