A Mills Exodus!

What is going on? I'm so upset! Natasha's not coming back, Bridget's not...I'm really going to miss them--and our camaraderie--next year.

A lot of folks are returning, and I'm grateful for that, but I'm very disturbed. Honestly, I don't want to go back, either, but it's really my only option at this point. I would much rather go somewhere else, but that's water under the bridge.

I should have applied to Columbia. I don't want to be a mills alum, there are so few opportunities. I never wanted to go to mills; it was always my "well, I have bipolar, things would have been different otherwise," school.

Thank you all, so much, for visiting my blog.

Dreadfully conflicted. Well, dreadful, actually. Stressed out, uncertain, terribly lonely and worried. Scared about the future, worried about money and financial security, meeting the right people. I am not prepared for another year of school without a social life.

I might be able to graduate in one semester, but it would mean majoring in Government, which is pretty boring, but it would get me out sooner. Plus financial aid only qualified me for one semester, so that would save me the trouble of having to petition and fight the system.

I am a recluse right now, and wish I had a close friend who could come over and talk to me or call. My mom would normally be that person in this situation, but she's in Tahoe, and I'm not going to disturb her on her vacation. Even a kitty cat would make me feel better. Maybe I should call Dr W and set up an "emergency" session.

"Interviewing Jesse Jackson is a challenge. It's kind of like boxing a glacier. Enjoy that metaphor, ladies and gentlemen, because your grandchildren will have no idea what a glacier is." --Stephen Colbert

Comments

Ramona said…
Ok, that email should have been posted here instead. I just opened a blog last week, so I don't know how anything works. What I said in the email is that I'm surprised by how many people are leaving, and that I'm sorry that you too will be leaving after a few months.
Diana said…
do you go to mills?
Ramona said…
Sorry - not all the info I'd planned to include got included in that post. Miriam speaking.

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat